Wednesday, January 11, 2017

The Adarna invited to Rocklahoma 2017

Mark you calendar's gang!  The Adarna have been invited to join Rocklahoma! We'll have tour dates being announced as we make our cute little tushes from Seattle to Oklahoma.  Wendy should be, like the death star, fully-operational by then -- making this tour much more comfortable.  There's a number of bands in this lineup that have been influential to us so this is a particularly big honor for all of us and it makes us feel like 2017 is off to a  rad start :)  See full lineup here
Let's pause for a moment and let William fan-boy out for a second:
"There are a number of bands that I'm stoked about...Def Leppard, Taking Back Sunday, The Offspring,  Skillet, Buckcherry, Fuel -- fucking SOUNDGARDEN, Red Sun Rising, been super impressed with Pretty Reckless' songwriting, used to practice next to Ratt back in LA -- but for Andreka and myself, THE CULT is the cherry on the cake.   I was a late-comer to The Cult.  I first heard of them back in 2008 and I thought they were a new rock band.   Their sound was so hooky and I remember specifically feeling grateful to know a band like them was out there. Billy's riffs were so tasteful and not so 'widdly' and I loved the way Ian really used his range.  I was shocked to hear that they were from the 80s!   To be part of a lineup like this really takes our breath away."

No comments:

Post a Comment